Share this Job
Composite Design Lead - A350 Trailing Edge Job
Date: Jun 5, 2013
Location: Hamble, United Kingdom
|About Us:||Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 300,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Many of GE's fastest growing businesses are in GE's Technology Infrastructure segment. Around the|
world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and technology infrastructure of the new century.
GE Aviation, a division of GE's Technology Infrastructure business is a world-leading producer of commercial jet engines and components as well as integrated digital, electric power, and mechanical systems for aircraft. GE Aviation also has a global service network to support these offerings. Technological excellence, supported by continuing substantial investments in research and development, has been the foundation of GE Aviation's growth and helps to ensure quality products for customers.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications.
However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.
For further information please visit UK Border Agency website.
GE is committed to diversity . We aim to employ the brightest minds in the world to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities . We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you …
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance.
|Posted Position Title:||Composite Design Lead - A350 Trailing Edge|
|Function Segment:||Product Design and Development|
|U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:|
|Postal Code:||SO31 4NF|
|Role Summary/Purpose:||In this role you will be responsible for the design of fibre-reinforced composite components and sub-assemblies primarily focused on the A350XWB wing Fixed Trailing Edge aircraft development programme. You will be a recognised authority in composite aerostructures design and as such provide oversight and checking expertise.|
- Working as part of and leading a team, design fibre-reinforced composite components and sub-assemblies which ensure structural integrity of an airframe product.
- Optimise design solutions to meet customer and internal design requirements.
- Responsible for the delivery of design schemes, 3D models and detail drawings in accordance with the project schedule and allocated budget, throughout the product development process.
- Optimise design solutions for weight and manufacturing cost.
- Prepare and present design data at internal / external design reviews.
- Generate design reports to support component qualification and certification.
- Mentor less experience members of the composite design team.
- Provide checking/reviewing expertise of peer group composite design solutions to enable formal part approval.
- Work in conjunction with other technical disciplines, manufacturing and suppliers.
- Design support to Manufacturing by clearing 'day to day' problems.
- Support/lead on-going continuous improvement initiatives and design processes.
- The role may require you to work at other UK and overseas based sites.
- Significant aircraft structural design experience, in fibre-reinforced composite aerostructures.
- Experience of aircraft production methods and processes.
- Experience of fibre-reinforced composite material technology and behaviour.
- Knowledge of wing structure relevant civil airworthiness standards (Part 21, CS-25 etc).
- Working knowledge of Catia V
- Working knowledge of Fibresim or CPD.
- Knowledge of Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Literate with Microsoft Office tools, Excel / Word / Project.
- The ability to work in a high-pressure environment, whilst maintaining engineering integrity.
- Self-motivated individual, able to work from own initiative.
- Good teamwork, communication and presentation skills.
- Qualified to HNC level in a relevant engineering subject with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
|Additional Eligibility Qualifications:|
- Degree qualified in a related engineering subject.
- Experience of designing aircraft wing fibre-reinforced composite structural panels.
- Knowledge of VPM and SSCI PDM Link software.
- Knowledge of the Airbus development processes.
Job Segments: Biochemistry, Product Development, Research, Aviation, Engineer, Science, Engineering
Find similar jobs: