Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA, United States
|Business Segment:||Healthcare Life Sciences|
|About Us:||CLARiENT, a GE Healthcare company|
At Clarient, we combine innovative diagnostic technologies with world-class pathology expertise to assess and characterize cancer. Our mission is to become the leader in cancer diagnostics by dedicating ourselves to collaborative relationships with the healthcare community to translate cancer discovery and research into better patient care. Our principal customers include pathologists, oncologists, hospitals and biopharmaceutical companies.
The rise of individualized medicine as the new direction in oncology has created the need for a centralized resource providing leading diagnostic technologies, such as flow cytometry and molecular testing. Clarient is that resource, with a state-of-the-art commercial cancer laboratory providing the most advanced oncology testing and diagnostic services. We are also developing new, proprietary “companion” diagnostic markers for therapeutics in breast, prostate, lung and colon cancers, and leukemia/lymphoma.
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are a $17 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 46,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
GE is committed to diversity .
We aim to employ the brightest minds in the world to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities . We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you …
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
At work for a healthier world. For more information about GE Healthcare join our LinkedIn Group: GE Healthcare Global Community or visit our website www.gehealthcare.com/careers
|Posted Position Title:||Biostatistician|
|Function Segment:||Clinical Development|
|U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:||California|
|Role Summary/Purpose:||GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.|
Join our bioinformatics group which is responsible for developing computational methods and infrastructure to support biomarker discovery. This role will be responsible for statistical study design for discovering biomarker signatures. Additionally, this role will be responsible for assessing statistical significance of diagnostics test results in combination with clinical information to build predictive models.
- Design studies for biomarker signature discovery from multi-analyte datasets. Examples of multi-analyte datasets include protein expression and gene variants.
- Build predictive models associating biomarker measurements with clinical outcomes
- Design validation studies for diagnostic markers
- Work with external collaborators to provide data analysis support
- Translate validated statistical models into well-defined software services
- Implement software infrastructure for statistical analysis and appropriate database systems.
- Ph.D. in statistics or biological or physical sciences
- 4+ years of experience in applying statistics to solve biological or clinical problems in academic or industrial setting
- Demonstrated abilities in delivering on goal-driven and time-bound projects
- Track record of working in collaborative teams
- Proven skills in project planning and execution
- Must be prolific with statistical programming languages such as SAS or R and a programming or scripting language
- Must have experience with database systems
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States and must be willing to work in our Aliso Viejo office.
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- You must submit your application for employment through Gecareers.com to be considered.
|Additional Eligibility Qualifications:||GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.|
- Experience in hands-on statistical model building to associate clinical outcomes with biomarker measurements in oncology or another disease area
- Quality peer-reviewed publications and/or patents
- Experience in developing domain ontologies
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segments: Biotech, Oncology, Pathology, Engineer, Social Media, Science, Healthcare, Engineering, Marketing