Share this Job
Lead Chokes Engineer (Subsea) Job
Date: May 23, 2013
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
|Business:||GE Oil & Gas|
|Business Segment:||Oil & Gas|
|About Us:||GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 37,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Making the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity our highest priorities is The Way We Work.|
GE Oil & Gas are currently engaged on some of largest and most technologically advanced projects in the world, this is an ideal opportunity to enhance your already successful career.
GE are renowned for hiring exceptional people and for giving them unparalleled opportunities to build their careers and capabilities. Why don’t you take on the challenge?
|Posted Position Title:||Lead Chokes Engineer (Subsea)|
|Function Segment:||Product Design and Development|
|U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:|
|Postal Code:||AB23 8GD|
|Role Summary/Purpose:||As a Subsea Chokes Engineer you’ll work in a team that design and undertake approval of designs and carry out validation and verification activities based around the GE Oil & Gas Subsea Trees and Subsea Production Systems family of products. This is a global team, your responsibilities will include producing design specifications, and gaining approval for designs, You’ll carry out risk analysis, and provide design calculations to establish a full design verification package.|
- Develop conceptual design requirements for customer.
- Gain customer approval of design specifications.
- Identify improvements in existing products, procedures and processes and develop cost effective solutions to satisfy specifications.
- Communicate design specifications for interpretation by other engineers and designers.
- Undertake design reviews including materials and environmental reviews
- Review with supply management the material requirements for a design / project.
- Prepare preliminary materials lists, approve Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Check and approve drawings and design calculations undertaken by others in support of design.
- Liaise with manufacturing to ensure designs are suitable and allow for efficient manufacture.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent extensive design experience in lieu.
- Strong years’ experience preferably with proven post-graduate industrial experience of which proven years should be in heavy mechanical engineering or in a relevant technical discipline e.g. analysis.
- Familiar with Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory requirements for this industry.
- Has established experience in drafting standards.
- Knowledge of materials, including welding and heat treatment of metals and elastomers.
- Familiar with relevant industry standards and codes for area of work.
- Familiar with Subsea Production Systems/Chokes design.
|Additional Eligibility Qualifications:|
Job Segments: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Welding, Drafting, Law, Engineering, Manufacturing, Legal
Find similar jobs: