Software Engineer in Test (SET) Intern (April 2018)
Posted 2/7/2018 11:52:41 AM
Job Function:Digital Technology
Business Segment: Digital Predix Products & Technology
Location(s): Canada; British Columbia; Vancouver
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in.
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2017. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca Twitter: @GECanadaCampus
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Role Summary: Position Title: Software Engineer in Test (SET) Intern
GE Business: GE Digital
Location: Vancouver BC
Duration: 8 months
Anticipated Start Date: April 2018
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Sr. Manager – Software Engineering
Application Deadline: February 21, 2018
Essential Responsibilities: The Position:
As the Software Engineer in Test (SET), you will be joining a fast-paced cloud base software development as part of the Predix Platform Engineering team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of Edge to Cloud and Fleet Management. You will gain exposure supporting the Predix Edge Manager and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Participate as a member in the SDLC of the team
• Plan, prepare, develop and execute test automation
• Develop experience in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality
Qualifications/Requirements: Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
• Knowledge of Java, Java Script, Git, Bower, NodeJS, Software Test and Test Automation
• Knowledge of RESTful API, Micro services, Rabbit MQ, PostgresSQL would be a plus
• College, University or Master’s Degree in course of completion in Engineering (Computer or Software), Computer Science, or equivalent related discipline
• Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.