About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Responsible for programming a feature and / or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, beginning to work independently.
• Develop new features: from software design to full implementation.
• Help GE partners develop medical imaging and image processing applications.
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
• Interact with other development teams in a global context (US, France)
• Join a Scrum team for regular delivery of software deliverables.
• Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
• Applies principles of Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
• Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
• Strong professional experience in software design and implementation
• Experience in Java and/or C++
• Rigor, curiosity, creativity and team spirit
Desired Characteristics: Experience in Cloud based developments and proven history in creating architectural and delivery components into a highly reliable cloud solution.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.