Location(s): United States; California; Menlo Park
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Intern will assist the GE Ventures Portfolio team in updating, revising and managing the GEV portfolio model as well as assisting on portfolio data collection, valuation support, pipeline management and reporting tools. By the end of the internship the individual will have developed an understanding of the Ventures investment process, the data analytics and reporting environment as well as overview of the different practice areas and functions across the GEV organization.
Essential Responsibilities: This role will include both projects as well as ongoing team support. The internship is expected to last 3 months.
• Update, manage and adapt the overall Portfolio Model to incorporate revised parameters and output requirements to help manage the portfolio.
• Assist in developing and creating reporting tools, metrics and analytics on the pipeline and portfolio to help GEV management direct investments as well as account managers/investors manage the existing portfolio.
• Helping investment practice areas with diligence, process, etc. where necessary;
• Involvement within the VC investing process, helping to model, and market scoping
• Modeling with Finance on portfolio and by practice area.
• Special projects as needed.
• Minimum 1 years of work experience in preferably in venture capital, strategy consulting at top tier firm, investment banking or portfolio management
• Currently pursuing a business degree
• Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping with the ability to translate the results into effective communication tools (presentations, pitches)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Desired Characteristics: • Experience in the portfolio management or Venture Capital is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
• Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.