Business Segment: Global Operations Global Law & Policy
Location(s): Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: This position supports the compliance program of GE at Malaysia. The Senior Compliance Leader for Malaysia will report directly to GE’s Chief Compliance Officer for ASEAN. The compliance team's key focus is to build, maintain and continuously improve the compliance culture through prevention, detection and response of compliance issues and implementation of GE’s world class compliance program.
Essential Responsibilities: This position will have the following responsibilities:
• Partner with GE’s Regional One Compliance team to execute the compliance program of various businesses at Malaysia and provide critical input into regional processes.
• Continually review and evaluate local laws and regulations and their impact on GE’s business operations at Malaysia (i.e. interactions with government officials, transparency requirements)
• Support the risk assessment process, summarize and help developing mitigation plans;
• Ensure that company and business policies and processes are being proactively monitored, reviewed and assessed for existing or potential compliance violations and concerns;
• Maintain and continuously improve compliance measures, dashboards, and operating metrics e.g. monthly business compliance metrics; quarterly corporate compliance metrics; and supporting in leading quarterly compliance review board;
• Partner with GE’s Investigations Centre of Excellence to ensure that concerns are investigated effectively, closed quickly and appropriate corrective actions are taken;
• Further develop the open reporting environment through training and communications as appropriate;
• Develop and deliver comprehensive compliance training and communications relating to all areas of risk in English as well as local language; and
• Communicate the compliance program to business leaders through regular operation metrics, updates on regulatory developments and case studies
• Provide day to day guidance to employees on a wide range of compliance topics
• Review and approve applicable high risk transactions including requests for business courtesies, charitable contributions and sponsorships in alignment with the company’s policies and best practices on improper payments prevention.
• Provide support to the ASEAN CCO for compliance activities in other countries outside of Malaysia, and / or specific GE Businesses.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Minimum of 5 years related work experience. Knowledge of, or experience with, compliance issues, such as: third party risk management, remote site risks, controllership, anti-corruption/FCPA, and cyber security and privacy. • Superior communication skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, the capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests and ability to share lessons learned with teammates. • A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism, and passion for excellence. • A work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership and ability to work in a matrixed reporting environment. • Demonstrable verbal and written fluency in English and Malay. • Ability to work in complex international environment, substantial experience working in different cultures and an open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity. • Ability to travel. • Demonstrable computer literacy with specific ability to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel. • Record of dedicated and successful teamwork, excellent interpersonal and diplomatic abilities and a well-developed sense of humor.
Desired Characteristics: • Relevant education or external accreditation in the areas of audit, quality, compliance or risk management is a plus. Qualifying law degree is a plus. • Relevant industry experience is an advantage
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.