About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business, and people to help solve some of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare. For more information about GE Healthcare visit our website http://www.gehealthcare.com.
As the Supply Chain Intern, you will be joining a fast paced, energetic, empowered environment as part of the GEHC Canada HCS Supply Chain team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of Logistics, Transportation, Warehousing, International Trade Controls and Medical Equipment Demonstrating. You will gain exposure supporting the Supply Chain, Service & Sales teams and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
You will be responsible for supporting the coordination and operational execution of GE Healthcare Demonstration program, managing booking, inventory, ensuring that internal customers’ needs are met and that company policies and compliance requirements are adhered to.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Operational execution of Demo from inception to post event analysis, ensuring quality and adherence to Demo objectives, scheduling and coordinating equipment, 3PL and carriers
• Track all National Demo Pool Inventory movement and utilization to maintain an accurate Demo database. Initiate, track, control, and communicate projects to drive inventory levels to optimum levels.
• Support and work with 3PL to achieve KPI for Inbound and outbound order fulfillment and tenders to carriers assisting with coordinating and communicating shipment delivery requirements with freight forwarders
• Inventory control including coordinating and communicating shipment activities, delivery, tracking, support, reverse logistics etc.
• Reporting and analysis of support activities, requests, vendor/buyer activities, classifications
• Coordinating and communicating shipment delivery requirements with 3PL and freight forwarders.
• Implementing tools and dashboards for metric visibility, communication, and analysis.
• Timely and accurate record keeping, reporting and analysis.
• Supporting compliant and efficient processes while driving VCP cost saving, through improved logistics operations and process simplification.
Qualifications/Requirements: Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Accomplished computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Knowledge or experience with Oracle or similar ERP system.
• Experience with Import and Export, transportation, inventory and distribution
• Excellent organizational and coordinating skills
• Strong attention to detail
• College or University degree in course of completion in Engineering (Biomedical, Industrial, Manufacturing), Supply Chain & Logistics, Business Administration, Operations, or equivalent related discipline.
• Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
Desired Characteristics: Desired:
• Knowledge or experience with Oracle or similar ERP system
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.