Baker Hughes, a GE company is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Welder – Drilling Services – 2nd Shift in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Under general supervision, performs welding applications within one or more work teams.
- Performs visual and in-process inspections in accordance with API and ISO quality specifications.
- Helps facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance through-put within the work team.
- Responsible for supporting the team and team's objectives.
- Responsible for training team members.
- Required to pass periodic welding tests and qualifications in compliance with qualification procedures.
Required to sit for 2 or more hours at a time, engaged in the welding process without breaks
Responsible for overseeing robotic and semi-robotic operations
Able to view a monitor for 2 or more hours at a time, and maintain visual perception
- High School Diploma or equivalent diploma.
- 1+ years of welding experience.
- Knowledge of welding processes – TIG/MIG/Stick welding.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime.
- This position is for the 2nd shift. Working hours are 2pm to 10:30PM.
- Require PPE at all times: steel toed shoes, hard hat and safety glasses (will provide if needed)
- Read paperwork and use computer to retrieve work documents and record production numbers – Windows based applications and SAP as well as Excel spreadsheets
- PTA, Brazing, and Robotic Controls background is ideal
Oklahoma City, OK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more