Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Manager of Technical Support (Wireline) in St. John’s, NL. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, BHGE offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Responsible for ensuring technical and sales support to Geomarket sales, operations, and engineering
- Provides technical support for new product launches and new service introductions, as well as supporting existing legacy fleet of wireline products in the GOM
- This can involve duties such as lunch and learns, customer visits, well recaps, pre-well analysis, post-well analysis, case histories, performance summary reports, industry SPE papers, technical conferences, root cause analysis, and general customer inquiries
- Prepares job recommendations based on the available job criteria and knowledge of disciplines and past performance
- High collaboration and communication needed with Geomarket sales, operations, and engineering on all levels of daily job functions
- Maintains a close working relationship with field service personnel and lab personnel by telephone and possible visits to operations base to assess effectiveness of recommendations
- Collaborates with Geomarket operations, sales, and engineering to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction and meet growth targets in Geomarket
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science/Technology, and/or Management
- 10+ years of oilfield experience
- Extensive technical background and focus on Wireline and Pipe Conveyed logging tools.
- Integrated operations experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Oil & Gas experience in relevant product lines
- Working knowledge of multiple product lines offered in Geomarket
- Extensive background in highly technical roles at Baker Hughes, a GE company
St. John’s, NL
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more