Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer – Wellbore Construction supporting Completions in Houston, TX. The purpose of the Mechanical Design Engineer is to assist the Wellbore Construction group in the development of new products, provide support for the existing products, and respond to operations/customer feasibility work.
- Responsible for completion of component and product design within time, financial and technical guidelines established with the detailed assistance and approval of supervisor.
- Perform component and system analysis, identifying stress levels, design solutions, and technical risk.
- Direct the completion of manufacturing drawings and working layouts for product designs.
- Conduct detailed product design reviews for new developments or as assigned
- Design qualification testing fixtures and compose detailed test procedures.
- Conduct and assist in the assembly and lab testing of prototypes.
- Conduct field evaluation of new products and investigate problems associated with existing products.
- Draft technical manual documentation of new products with review and approval of supervisor.
- Improve product knowledge through increased familiarization with technical and service manuals and hands on experience.
- Provide basic technical assistance to worldwide field operations and plant personnel.
- Initiate purchase requisitions and part manufacture work requests.
- Disposition reject tags after sufficient experience gained, as determined by supervisor.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2+ years mechanical design experience
- Good individual communication skills and good problem solving ability
- Should possess good 2D & 3D CAD skills (SolidWorks preferred)
- Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to work “hands on” in a test lab facility
- Ability to prepare technical reports and present results
- The successful candidate must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Ability to travel to remote field locations and work under less than ideal environmental conditions occasionally.
- 3+ years mechanical design experience
- Completions or Wellbore Construction experience
- Knowledge of pipe connections and mechanical properties
- Experience in the design of down hole oil field equipment strongly preferred
- Understanding of basic oilfield practices and applications
- Ability to conduct dynamic FEA analysis (Abaqus preferred)
Houston, TX 77040
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more