GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The Sr Counsel, Antitrust, will work as an integral member of the Renewable Energy and Healthcare Businesses Legal Teams, with the Corporate Global Competition Law and Policy Team, and other corporate functions on antitrust regulatory review of acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and other go to market structures, competition law issue spotting, antitrust investigations, counseling and implementation of compliance plans, and compliance training.
• Possesses an in-depth competition and antitrust law expertise and uses this expertise to provide legal support to the relevant business teams
• Applies combined business and legal judgment to proposed deals, strategic relationships, distribution, after-market and other issues requiring competition law attention • Serves as an escalation point, supports investigations and helps with making decisions with broader risk implications
• Proactively assesses the risk profiles and develops appropriate measures to address and mitigate the identified risks - in collaboration with the business and other legal and compliance functions in a matrix organization,
• Develops and delivers legal and compliance trainings where appropriate
• Works on competition issues and compliance programs internally at high levels;
• Acts as a strategic business partner to the senior business leaders.
• Manages outside counsel when brought in to assist
• Stays up-to-date and educate the business on new legal and regulatory developments
• JD or equivalent from an accredited college. Minimum of significant experience but typically strong experience;
• Experience working as antitrust practitioner at a law firm, antitrust agency or for a multi-national company.
• Must be a member in good standing of one or more state bars or the D.C. bar and where required, in house counsel registration or admission to the local state bar or local country equivalent
• Experience in handling antitrust regulatory review of acquisitions and dispositions, competition counseling, compliance, and investigations, on a global basis.
• Experience in European competition law
• Strong oral and written communication and persuasive skills, including executive-level communication; fluency in English
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to take initiative and act independently and with good judgment, with little or no daily supervision or guidance
• Commitment to integrity, professionalism, and collegiality
• Strong problem-solving skills, pragmatism and flexibility/resilience
• Ability to interact effectively with senior management and peers and all other levels of the organization
• Ability to work in a complex and matrixed organization in a collaborative and boundaryless manner and to simultaneously manage numerous and varied tasks and to exercise sound judgment in prioritizing among them
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.