Location(s): United States; Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Global Sales Strategy Director will be a leader on the sales team dedicated to advancing GE Digital’s commercial execution in a high growth, highly competitive marketplace. The Director will play an active role in enabling strategic partners and direct sales teams to execute sales goals. The ideal candidate will have significant professional experience enabling partner and direct sales teams to succeed together through collaboration, strategic and analytical thinking, planning and action.
The Director will partner with the commercial leadership team including senior sales executives, marketing leaders and strategic partners to provide key insights and winning strategies against key market competitors.
In this role, you will:
• Research, monitor and report on key competitors in the Field Service and adjacent markets.
• Use critical thinking, strong written and verbal communication skills to not only organize competitive intelligence but translate that into compelling, winning sales strategies.
• Create competitive messaging to put in the hands of customer-facing selling teams.
• Conduct win/loss calls with prospects and pass along findings to sales teams
• Organize a competitive library of information that is easily accessible to selling teams – direct sellers, partners and resellers.
• Develop content and supporting tools to better equip selling organizations to win against key competitors.
• Stay active on internal communication channels (Chatter, Sales Resource Center, etc.) with breaking news and updates on competitive situations.
• Support sales engagements with detailed competitive insights and strategy development.
• Proactive communication across all selling organizations of any recent changes or updates to competitive solutions, sales tactics or other competitive market events.
• Be the ‘go-to’ person for enable selling organizations to compete effectively against leading companies in the Field Service Management space.
• Be directly or indirectly responsible for increasing win rates against key competitors.
• Respond to ad-hoc requests from senior management and field personnel in a timely manner.
• Support senior sales executives in developing / delivering key presentations and meetings
• Strategic projects assigned by Sales Leadership or developed by the Sales Strategy Team
• Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or technical related field
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in sales, marketing, or related field
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Must be willing to travel up to 30% depending on location.
• Must be willing to work out of a home office in your state or an office located in Pleasanton, CA.
• MBA preferred.
• Experience working with sales, partners and resellers in a competitive enterprise SaaS application market.
• Superior organizational skills necessary when dealing with time-sensitive requests for information or strategy direction.
• Technical aptitude and interest that can be used to dig into functional differences between competing products.
• Excellent communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills including experience with senior management. Ability to formulate and deliver clearly complex information, issues and recommendations in both written and oral presentation to senior management.
• Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations
• Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and cross-functional teams
• Desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, ambiguous, and entrepreneurial environment
• Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency
• Conducts analysis that leads to action
• Leverages Digital Tools
• Complete portfolio knowledge
• Knows the Market and Competitors
• Sales, Go to Market strategy
• Utilizes GE Resources to advance the sale
• Builds Partnerships, Alliances
• Strategic Thinking
• Active Listening
• Strategic Partnership
Locations: United States; Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.