About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Stoney Creek Service Centre repairs transformers for industrial and utility companies in North America.
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2017. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca Twitter: @GECanadaCampus
GE – Your Future Works
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Role Summary: Position Title: Lead Technical Specialist Intern
GE Business: GE Power
Location: Stoney Creek, Ontario
Duration: 16 months
Anticipated Start Date: May 2018
Number of positions: 2
Application Deadline: January 22, 2018
Essential Responsibilities: The Position:
As the Lead Technical Specialist Intern, you will be joining a fast paced, energetic environment as part of the Stoney Creek team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of Transformer repair. You will gain exposure supporting the Lead Technical Specialist, Planner / VCP Coordinator and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Production Planner / VCP Coordinator and Lead Technical Specialist
• Hands-on data collection for various jobs on the shop.
• Creating an array of templates for various ancillary equipment devices, tap changers, Radiators, Pumps, Tanks and other layout drawings. Those components and templates may be used later in composing complex layout drawings.
• Assist in documentation packages to be prepared for the shop.
• Follow-up and support closing VCP projects.
Qualifications/Requirements: Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
• Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Ability to work independently within a dynamic work environment.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills are required.
• Excellent time management skills and strong analytical abilities.
• Organized and results oriented.
• University degree in course of completion in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, and Mechatronics) or equivalent related discipline
• Open to current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work
• Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
• Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
• Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
Desired Characteristics: Desired:
• Preferably someone in their 3rd or 4th year of the above listed programs.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.