Business Segment: Global Operations Invoice to Cash
Location(s): Canada; Ontario; Mississauga
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2017. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca Twitter: @GECanadaCampus
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Role Summary: Position Title: Cash Accounts Intern
GE Business: GE Global Operations
Location: Mississauga, ON
Duration: 4 or 8 months
Anticipated Start Date: May 2018
Number of positions: 1
Application Deadline: January 22, 2018
Essential Responsibilities: The Position:
As the Cash Account Intern, you will be joining a diverse and dynamic environment as part of the Cash Reconciliation (CARS) team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of Cash Reconciliation and Analysis. You will gain exposure supporting the Cash Reconciliation Specialists, including the team leader, and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Formatting and analyzing cash data from Excel reports
• Reconciling unapplied cash (UAC) on customer accounts
• Communicating with customers to resolve UAC
• Update the A/R system with results of activities
• Follow up with the Collections team, and internal customers directly where necessary
Qualifications/Requirements: Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
• A team player
• Result oriented
• Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• College Diploma, University or Master’s degree in course of completion in Commerce (Accounting, Business Analytics, Business Administration and Finance), Information Technology and Management Information Systems or equivalent related discipline.
• Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years
• Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
• Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
• Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE.
Desired Characteristics: Desired:
• Excel VBA and/or Macro skills
• Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable experience
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.