National Service Operations Intern (May, 8-16 mnth)
Posted 1/8/2018 9:51:26 AM
Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): Canada; Ontario; Mississauga
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business, and people to help solve some of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare. For more information about GE Healthcare visit our website http://www.gehealthcare.com.
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2017. To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca Twitter: @GECanadaCampus
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Role Summary: Position Title: National Service Operations Intern
GE Business: GE Healthcare
Location: Mississauga, ON
Duration: 8 or 16 Months
Anticipated Start Date: May 2018
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: January 22, 2018
Essential Responsibilities: The Position:
As the National Service Operations Intern you will be joining a hands-on environment as part of the Healthcare Field Services Team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of medical devices, testing and repair, as well as operations and compliance support. You will gain exposure supporting the Healthcare National Services Team within the services center and Biomedical Technology Teams and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Process analysis and development geared towards productivity.
• Working with a variety of service teams and management on site and process alignment initiatives.
• Day to day management of key contract and operational requirements
• Lean project implementation.
• Building standardized key performance indicators for GE Healthcare partnerships.
• Completing all assigned projects within co-op term.
Qualifications/Requirements: Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Strong skills with Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel;
• Experience or knowledge with Lean Six Sigma;
• Strong work ethic and multi-tasking abilities to manage multiple projects at a time.
• University Bachelor Degree in course of completion in Operations, Engineering (Biomedical, Electrical, and Manufacturing), Computer Science or equivalent related discipline.
• Open to both current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term and recent graduates who have completed their studies within the past 2 years.
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.