Business Segment: Global Growth Organization India
Location(s): India; Pune
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: This position will report into MMF Finance Controller. This role will partner as Controllership with FP&A, Operations Finance, R2R/accounting, Tax, Customs and manufacturing COEs.
Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, coordinate Audits, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification and operational excellence to deliver strong Controllership. Requires good understanding of work routines and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities: Drive Audits to have clean and within time closure. Provides technical support to the operations community and drive accounting compliance with the operations teams. Responsible for the application of local statutory standards. Lead ICFR, internal controls and policy implementation. Drive finance related SOPs, identify process gaps and take corrective actions to remove NVAs. Create effective MIS for Controllership and Compliance requirements. Tracking and Analytics for IT upgrades, testing, simplification and automation to improve productivity in Finance. Support month/quarter and year close. Support special projects related to tax, transactions & controls.
Qualifications/Requirements: CA with CISA, DISA with at least 4 years of experience in Internal Audit with major audit firms/or manufacturing environment. Exposure of working in Oracle ERP Zeal R12 instance would be advantage.
Desired Characteristics: • Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers generate alternatives and drive positive change.
• Clear thinking / problem solving: able to lead projects/process improvement within operations / finance function; Able to break down complex issues into simpler steps and resolve them. • Ability to prioritize & promote teamwork; • Self-motivated, high energy; • Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
• Confidence / Assertiveness: possess influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives
• Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, VLookup, and Macros)
• Basic understanding of accounting processes in manufacturing setup
• Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
• Experience working in a matrix environment
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.