GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today! GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Perform transactions to receive material in CAS and IMPACT system. Maintain an accurate inventory record of all OSV parts both incoming / outgoing. Troubleshoot any problems or issues with incoming / outgoing OSV shipments or paperwork. Operate machinery as needed (Forklift, Skin Pack Machine, Crane etc.) Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a working environment that changes daily in order to keep incoming / outgoing materials moving to meet customer and manufacturing requirements.
In addition you will :
• Perform transactions to receive material in CAS and IMPACT system
• Maintain an accurate inventory record of all OSV parts both incoming / outgoing
• Troubleshoot any problems or issues with incoming / outgoing OSV shipments or paperwork
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a working environment that changes daily in order to keep incoming / outgoing materials moving to meet customer and manufacturing requirements
• Maintain organization of raw materials (forgings, castings, etc.)
• Preserve trace and integrity of all material
• Perform basic packaging of customer / vendor parts
• Load / unload trucks as needed in a timely manner
• Maintain packaging manual to insure it stays updated to match current requirements
• Work with carriers to arrange pick up and deliveries
• Distribute materials as needed
• Provide positive support of all business initiatives
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a warehouse or logistics environment
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
• Fork truck license or willingness to get fork truck license
• Ability to lift, transport, move and / or manipulate boxes or other materials up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
•This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional Eligibility Requirement GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Maintain quality workmanship with attention directed to task at all times
• Evaluate quality problems that inhibit the process with an effective solution
• Ability to adapt to new methods and / or customer satisfaction
• Must display good communication skills, both written and oral
• Experienced with computers
• Basic skills in Microsoft office package (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.