Account Manager Academia NORTHERN SWITZERLAND (f/m)
Posted 12/29/2017 6:49:31 AM
Business Segment: Healthcare Life Sciences
Location(s): Switzerland; Homebased in Northern Switzerland
About Us: There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel. Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
Role Summary: In this role, you will be responsible for representing GE Healthcare Life Science products and services to, and maintaining relationships within academic, governmental organizations and smaller Biotech companies within German speaking territory of Switzerland. A broad knowledge of instruments, consumables and science applications are required to support customers in these organizations.
• Prospecting for new customers and business in the Academic field in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio
• Find and qualify new opportunities within the defined territory
• Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, sales negotiations, initiating and planning customer visits at all level of the customer organization
• Facilitating cooperation with relevant stakeholders from different sales- and support organizations
• Facilitating tender responses to customers from the territory, in conjunction with product sales specialists as needed
• Negotiating master agreements and contracts, including terms and conditions.
• Develop and maintain a full understanding of the GE HC One LS value proposition and a high-level knowledge of competitive products and services
• Achieve annual and quarterly revenue targets through accurate forecasting
• Communicating current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
• Providing leadership in market analysis and development/execution of strategies and action plans to drive product sales
• Ideally proven sales experience in the Life Science market
• Extensive experience in (a) customer facing role(s)
• Experience in working in a complex technical environment
• Fluency in German and English
• Willingness to extensive business travel
• Strong communication and clear thinking skills
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers
• Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Having an active car driving license
• Bachelor’s or Master's Degree, preferably in Life Science
• Previous Life Science capital equipment and or consumable sales experience
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a complex, matrix team structure.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze customer data and develop financially sound sales offers
Locations: Switzerland; Homebased in Northern Switzerland
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.