About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Find out more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR6qYQ1t39k
Role Summary: Engine Test Engineer will be responsible for multiple engine tests for the Advanced Turboprop Engine (ATP) program. You will author test plans to meet government and engineering requirements, ensure test vehicles are appropriately assembled and test facilities properly equipped, troubleshoot, schedule and project manage to test on time, and report results for first time yield.
Position is open within the ATP Certification & Test team located at GE Aviation Czech in Prague, collocated with the test facilities. You will work with global and on-site certification, design, assembly, instrumentation and test teams. In your role you will:
• Assign and manage test requirements, develop test approach and provide cost/time estimates,
• Manage test design reviews,
• Write engine and rig test plans for R&D and certification test,
• Develop test engine configuration,
• Develop and coordinate the top level engine instrumentation layout and instrumentation plan,
• Cooperate with instrumentation team and hardware owners,
• Specify test conduct requirements and review test-enabling hardware design and preparation,
• Manage engine status during each phase (preparation, instrumentation, assembly, test, disassembly and teardown/layout),
• Organize test witnessing, perform general oversight of testing and ensure proper documentation,
• Manage post test data distribution,
• Write certification test reports for the FAA and EASA,
• Create clear, concise and accurate engineering documentation using MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint,
• Analyze test statuses, risks, problems and solutions and communicate regularly to management,
• Assist in planning and cross-team coordination with various project groups.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) from an accredited college or university with proven experience in a testing or engineering position,
• Experience with leading engine/components tests of aerospace or industrial products,
• Solid project leadership skills,
• Strong problem solving skills,
• Strong communication and presentation skills,
• Detailed knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint,
• Fluent communication in English,
• Willingness and ability to travel 10% of the time, both locally and internationally.
• Experience with GE test procedures,
• Experience with instrumentation techniques,
• Experience with FAA 14 CFR Part 33 and EASA CS-E regulations.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.