Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an AMO Technician (Thru Tubing) to be based in Odessa, TX.
- Break down and redress a variety of oilfield tools and reassemble them in preparation for their next assignment
- Maintain, test and assemble product / tools / sub-assemblies for operations
- Work to pre-defined procedures in line with established work practices
- Work is performed using common hand tools and some torque machines
- Work within BHGE Health and Safety rules and guidelines
- Ability to drive, culture, and develop a world class team.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum four years of maintenance related experience in a mechanical function or other relevant industrial experience (airline, military, oilfield, automotive) required.
- Working knowledge of Forklift, Crane, and Torque Machine Operations. Certification in all preferred.
- Strong housekeeping ability in order to maintain cleanliness of shop.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations required.
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills required
- Basic skills in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes required.
- Will be required to remain on call for after hours or weekend work
- Ability to work efficiently in teams required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous manner required
- Strong focus towards safety.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in oil field equipment repair highly preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Experience with retrievable packer knowledge
- Experience with composite plugs
- SAP knowledge
- Inventory and process knowledge
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more