About Us: GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions. The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world.
Mission: GE will be the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of
Role Summary: What product line you’ll be leading?
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to customer adoption and front end & back end development of SaaS based product on Predix – GE’s Industrial IOT Platform.
GE APM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkw9X4jobB8
GE is an equal opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
Essential Responsibilities: Your Day at GE:
1) As the Staff Software Engineer for product adoption, you will be responsible to drive multiple activities including product engineering services, engineering solutions and architecture, requirement analysis, design, implementation and project management of SaaS based product in global team.
2) In order to accelerate product adoption, you will provide inputs to pre-sales teams in the region, work with internal/external customer teams to deliver POCs, validate new technologies to meet customer needs and provide customer feedback to product engineering.
3) You will provide technical leadership to the developers in the team and be the technical anchor for them. You should understand various edge to cloud technologies for the SaaS product.
4) You are required to participate actively in Scrum team following Agile/TDD/BDD approach. You need to drive regular trainings, Dojo’s and demos to help developers come on board with the products features and technologies. •
1) Works independently and is able to proactively provide clarity to multiple stakeholders to ensure customer success. Drives open and timely communication and coordination.
3) Serves as subject matter expert (SME) for overall product technical implementation.
4) Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions. Expert in product solutioning, debugging and skilled in build, release & deployment processes
Qualifications/Requirements: Technical Expertise:
1) At least 4 years of experience with Saas / PaaS services.
AngularJS, Kafka/RabbitMQ and Microservices is expected.
3) Exposure to edge technologies (controls and embedded software, various communication protocols, m2m communication etc) would be a big plus.
• Years of Experience: A minimum of 8 year(s) of professional experience in software engineering with a Bachelor's Degree OR a Master's Degree.
Desired Characteristics: Desired Characteristics 1) Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work. 2) Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment module.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.