About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: This Environmental Health and Safety intern opportunity will be responsible to support the department to foster an EHS culture that promotes the safety and wellness of our employees, protect the environment, ensure compliance, deliver value to our business, customers and communities, enhance GE’s reputation and distinguish us as a socially responsible company.
Essential Responsibilities: This internship involves assisting the EHS Department in all aspects of the site’s environmental, health and safety program
•This will include, but is not limited to the following:
• Preparing for Framework 2.0 Program audits
• Reviewing, updating and posting various EHS programs, policies and training materials
• Participating in facility inspections to detect potential EHS hazards
• Assisting management in accident investigations to determine root causes and the implementation of corrective actions
• Special projects as assigned by the EHS Leader, such as emergency response procedures, risk assessment, cost reduction, ECO inventory, and various others
• Environmental projects may include creating site Waste Maps outlining where waste is created and where it is to be disposed of
• It may also include labelling chemicals as hazardous or non-hazardous and / or creating a waste profile sampling plan, working both with site EHS personnel and waste vendors
• Perform routine data / trend analysis, research, and presentations related to EHS performance
• Complete assigned EHS tasks / projects and other administrative duties as assigned, including special internship project and presentation
Bachelor’s Degree in EHS.
Good verbal and written communication.
Authorize to execute internship in Malaysia without any restrictions (no work permit/visa will be processed for this role)
Must b willing to be based at Subang (near Subang airport), no accommodation/transportation will be provided.
Desired Characteristics: Strong commitment to career in Environmental Health and Safety
• An analytic approach to problem solving
• Strong knowledge of computer and Microsoft products
• Willingness and ability to learn
• Demonstrated leadership and a team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Desire to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.