Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Chemical Technician in the Larose, LA area. Under general supervision, conducts routine chemical and physical analyses by running tests required for program monitoring or QC of processes or procedures. May be assigned to moderately complex assignments. May work independently at times or within a team to complete projects. May have more responsibility in compiling, analyzing, and interpreting results to internal/external customers. Communicates results to supervisor in a detailed manner. Handles special projects, as assigned. Responsible for tracking inventories and chemical usages, then entering the information into a reporting format. Will work closely with client operations personnel to meet program goals. Will be responsible for working with a team to schedule coverage of activities that occur 24/7 and meet the goal with safety in mind.
- Work with operations to run and maintain programs
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.
- Perform Additive Injections checks
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
- Work with pumps, generators, hoses, and fittings
- Transport chemicals
- Work with internal and external customers
- High School Diploma with 5 + years experience OR Associates Degree with 3 years experience OR Bachelors with 2 years experience
- Chemical treatment Experience
- Understanding of basic refinery operation
- Must be TWIC card Eligible
- Ability to lift over 40 lbs. (pumps, hoses, etc.)
- Valid CDL Class B or better
- Willing to obtain CDL HAZMAT/Tanker/Airbrake Endorsements within 2 months
- TWIC certified
- Attention to detail
- Mentoring experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more