Location(s): United States; Massachusetts, New York; New York, Boston
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Media Manager will work within the Brand Marketing team, focusing on how the brand goes-to-market through paid media. The successful candidate will need to produce and oversee unique media experiences online and offline – balancing both brand creativity and commercial intensity. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining local awareness in key GE markets working hand-in-hand with creative/content partners on the team.
Essential Responsibilities: The successful candidate will also be responsible for running internal communications rhythms with key cross-functional and business stakeholders and potential new clients for Marketing-as-a-Service.
• Scope and execute paid media experiences online and offline
• Maintain local awareness in key markets
• Develop media first briefs to experiment with new media
• Partner heavily with communications teams for visibility into external activities
• Successfully manage agencies and day-to-day relationships with external partners
• Oversee and manage media budget; track and report spending and outcomes against projections
• Strong partnership with Audience Development Manager in leading data and analytics metrics to provide strategic insights to key stakeholders
• Design and build operational dashboards; track and monitor ROI across paid media tools
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
• Minimum 7 years of experience
Desired Characteristics: • Master’s Degree
• Agency experience preferred
• Paid media knowledge, understanding of basic language and operations for paid media both traditional (print, tv) and digital/social
• Specific experience using paid media tools across LinkedIn Facebook and Twitter
• Passion for media/new media spaces
• Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis with the ability to translate the results into effective communications tools (presentation, pitches)
• Has a contemporary understanding of measurement tools in the market.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong leadership experience in highly matrixed organizations, proven ability to lead, manage & influence in cross-functional and cross-business teams
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills; Strong presenter
• Able to work independently. Formulate and execute a self-driven engagement plan
• Able to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with appropriate sense of urgency
• Able to analyze, interpret, draw conclusions, and implement solutions on a variety of complex issues
• Individual must be self-focusing and able to drive the critical few priorities in an environment where many demands and requests present themselves
• Expert in writing and communication, distilling dense topics and discussions, bringing technical concepts to life, infusing personality and authenticity into content, extracting stories from KOLs and thought-leaders and framing for different audiences, understanding the nuances of how to communicate with audiences across channels and leveraging new novel mediums to distribute, aggregate and create content
• Proven effective at strategic relationship building and high level management of internal and external stakeholders; experience managing large, complex, strategic, and collaborative relationships
• Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal communication, influencing and presentation skills
• Proactive, self-directed, creative, strategic thinking and able to implement plan via a well thought out process
Locations: United States; Massachusetts, New York; New York, Boston
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.