Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Account Representative will be primarily responsible for ensuring revenue growth of company products and services at an assigned customer site(s) while meeting customer needs and requests. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated has very strong interpersonal skills, and is able to understand technical training and processes.
- Energetic, self-driven, outgoing and ambitious personality
- Work safely within customer and Baker Hughes, a GE company guidelines
- Ability to quickly develop technical knowledge of appropriate company products and services
- Assist in day-to-day operation of existing refinery chemical process and/or water business
- Assist in coordinating projects of varying complexity and length
- Help provide expertise, troubleshooting and assistance for customer concerns
- Upon training, send out weekly service reports with recommendations for improvement
- Provide support in identifying and closing new sales opportunities
- Assist in business reviews, presentations and attend customer meetings on a regular basis
- Manage chemical inventories and assist with deliveries
- Build strong relationships with key customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Upon training, perform basic field and laboratory tests
- Entertain customers outside working hours 1 - 2 times per month at company’s expense
- Desire for self-improvement and promotion
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- Pass a drug and alcohol screen as a condition of employment, as well as participate in a random drug and alcohol screening program
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
- Good communication skills and an aptitude for customer intimacy
- Able to lift 40 pounds routinely
- Willingness to drive to several remote customer locations
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Schedule flexibility to allow for occasional overtime on evening/weekends
- Able to obtain a TWIC card
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Experience in marketing or negotiations
- Experience in process chemical or water treatment
Port Arthur, TX
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more