About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Part Time Requisition and Purchasing analyst will interface with the brand and communications teams to understand their needs and work with sourcing, finance, suppliers and agencies to create & manage purchase orders as well as process invoices.
Essential Responsibilities: • Work with vendors and agencies to acquire invoices, obtain signatures and process for timely payment. Acting as a liaison with Sourcing and Finance to ensure bills are paid accurately and on time.
• Ensure compliance to GE’s purchasing, approval processes
• Manage payments to charitable organizations and sponsorship, acquiring the necessary approvals and ensuring timely payment
• Work with brand and communications teams to manage overall budget, including reporting quarterly estimates and participating in recurring budget reviews
• Manage office; supplies, meetings, events, etc.
• Track open POs and invoices to provide budget updates on a regular basis
• Process intercompany billing transactions
• Process travel and living expenses for the executive team
• Anticipating, identifying, analyzing and solving issues/conflicts independently and discretely
• Developing relationship with internal finance team & assisting with management of marketing budget
• Special projects as required.
Qualifications/Requirements: • High school diploma/GED with some college or tech certificate desired
• 5-7 years experience in purchasing & invoice management
• Exceptional proficiency with Oracle purchasing
• Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially excel with strong analytics capability
Desired Characteristics: • Excellent organizational and professional communication skills (verbal and written)
• Demonstrated professional interpersonal skills – high level of motivation, integrity, self-confidence and ability to take initiative.
• Extreme attention to detail, follow up, highly organized
• Demonstrated ability to balance workload under short deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to ensure security of confidential information – discretion and confidentiality required
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.