Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Under general supervision the Chemical Technician conducts routine chemical and physical analyses by running tests required for program monitoring or QC of processes or procedures. They may be assigned to moderately complex assignments, work independently at times or within a team to complete projects. They are responsible for tracking inventories and chemical usages, then entering the information into a report. They will work closely with client operations personnel to meet program goals. They will be responsible for working with a team to schedule coverage of activities that occur 24/7 and meet all goals with safety in mind.
- Resolving less complex problems independently
- Working with pumps, generators, hoses, and fittings
- Collection of process and water samples
- Daily laboratory testing of oil and water samples to insure conformance to key chemical treatment parameters
- Documentation and submittal of lab results to account managers
- Ordering and inventory of supplies and general equipment maintenance
- Assist account managers with in-plant duties including loading/unloading treatment chemicals, chemical pump monitoring, chemical tank inventories, chemical injection system repair
- Performing chemical treatments at refinery docks
- Performing other duties as needed
- Interface with plant customers
- High School Diploma with 1+ years’ exp. in a lab environment OR Industrial experience or Bachelor’s Degree
- Industrial or chemical / refinery plant experience
- Must be able to successfully pass US Coast Guard Drug & Alcohol Testing Regulations
- Mechanical aptitude
- Clean Driving record & able to obtain a TWIC Card
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Flexible 24/7 on-call schedule
- Laboratory experience
- Experience handling hazardous materials
- Experience working with pumps, generators, hoses and fittings.
- Chemical plant or refinery experience
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more