Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This position is responsible for providing Logging While Drilling (LWD) solutions at well sites. Working under general supervision, this position is responsible for working with the Directional Drilling team and utilizing computers to perform well site surveys and monitor well sensors during the drilling process.
- Providing resolution to drilling problems of moderately complex scope at the well site where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercising judgment to determine the appropriate action at the well site when performing well site surveys and monitoring well sensors.
- Recognizing the operational status of field equipment at the well site and maintaining it when appropriate.
- Provide advice and direction to external customer and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate.
- Provide resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the wellsite where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line tool(s) and service(s).
- Maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism.
- Execute other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the Oilfield industry, 3+ years of experience required.
- Ability to successfully complete advanced technical training and assigned well site development programs.
- Ability to take direction and work efficiently in teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous manner.
- Must have visual acuity and attention to detail, enough to monitor multiple computer screens, record logs and readouts for long periods of uninterrupted time.
- Good mechanical aptitude required.
- Intermediate knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Two year Technical Degree preferred.
- 3 + years of LWD experience desired (mud logging or other applicable Oilfield Industry experience may be considered).
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team and communicate well with others.
- Ability to utilize a laptop computer and software applications (MS Office, proprietary software, etc) for monitoring, reporting and communication purposes.
- Must be available for 24 hour on-call service and work 12+ hour day and/or night shifts as needed.
- Ability to drive extensively to well sites in remote locations and work at well site location.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to perform laborious duties in various outdoor weather conditions required.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more