About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Staff Software Architect for Global Imaging Technologies will be a member of the team leading the Software architecture activities for the next generation Internet of Things (IOT) based Digital Imaging solutions in the IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS layers. These solutions will integrate SW applications, SW platforms, and compute HW from across the Imaging modalities and platform teams including technologies from GE Predix and other industry leading 3rd party app & Digital solution providers.
Essential Responsibilities: In addition to defining the next generation digital architecture for Imaging, you will be working on multiple Proof of Concept (POC) projects to evaluate & risk retire various technologies, partners, and solutions especially in the area of IOT on the Edge.
• Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction. • Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint. • Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level. • Participate in the EA (Enterprise Architecture) governance model. • Support the development software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses. • Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) • A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in Software Architecture OR Master’s degree with 6 years of experience in Software Architecture OR PhD with 3 years of experience in Software Architecture • GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
Desired Characteristics: Technical Expertise:
• Exposure to iterative product development and program management techniques including Agile, FastWorks, and use of a CI/CD development pipeline • Experience with IOT digital solution concepts such as cybersecurity, SW virtualization, SW containerization, connectivity protocols, microservice architecture, application design, data analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence (AI). • Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans • Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals. • Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction. • Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements. • Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
• Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
• Experience working with others on a global basis • Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources • Coaches and mentors team members. • Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget. • Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits. • Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
• Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice. • Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate. • Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.