About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, beginning to work independently.
Essential Responsibilities: - Build small to medium level features, skilled at developing both backend and front end modules in a product
- Experience in advanced development using Java, J2EE, JDBC, SQL queries and related Java extensions and proficient in developing custom java scripts to support interactive UI multiple browsers/devices
- Possess working knowledge on technologies like Java, Jboss J2EE, XML, Spring, RESTAPI, JSON, SOAP and CSS, Angular, HTML, Polymer
- Ability to write code that aligns to GE/industry standards to deliver desired product functionality in a secure and scalable fashion
- Actively work with core data structures and algorithms, drive code reusability and demonstrate understanding of functional, technical and nonfunctional requirements - - Actively participate in agile/fastworks development processes, understand definition of done and prioritization of product developments, enhancements and bug resolution
- Collaboratively work with other team members, architects, scrum master to ensure test/code coverage, support test automation, follow team practices and help evolve the team
- Ability to understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Communication to team members on project progress and risks to on time completion
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) • A minimum of 3 years of professional experience #DTR
- Knowledge on tools like Jenkins, Git, Chef and continuous integration will be a plus
- Knowledge of architecture and design patterns
- Working knowledge of application servers, J2EE, Oracle, Unix O/S, Linux, Siteminder, LDAP, Database, Reverse Proxies, Messaging, Service Oriented Architecture, and physical architectures
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
- Good debugging skills with knowledge on debug tools, browser plugins etc.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.