Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company offers the opportunity as a Welder to join our Completions and Fishing division based in Leduc, AB. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, BHGE offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Under general supervision, performs welding applications within one or more work teams
- Perform welding, hand grinding and sand blasting applications on drill bits and fishing tools
- Conducts visual and in-process inspections in accordance with API and ISO quality specifications
- Helps facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance through-put within the work team
- Responsible for supporting the team and team's objectives
- Required to pass periodic welding tests and qualifications in compliance with qualification procedures
- Assembly and maintenance of various completion and fishing tools
- Perform functional testing on assemblies as well as tests required by the customer’s criteria
- Operates test equipment ensuring settings and calibration are in compliance with engineering standards
- Regular use of forklift and overhead crane
- Decommission and cleaning of tool assemblies and conducting analysis of wear and abuse
- Refurbishment of tool sub-assemblies within the completions and fishing product lines
- Administrative tasks including documentation of analysis, repairs, test results etc. as well as preparation of assemblies for shipment
- High School Diploma
- Apprentice Welder
- 3 -5 years of welding experience in a shop environment
- Good electrical/mechanical aptitude
- Ability to stand during majority of shift, occasionally lift/carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push/pull up to 10 pounds of force
- Ability to use hands and wrists repetitively while using hand tools
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed
- Ability to work an “on call” rotating weekend schedule as needed
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work with minimal supervision and self-driven to complete task timely and accurately
- Ability to operate forklift and overhead crane in accordance to Baker Hughes, a GE company safety policy
- Excellent communication and interaction skills along with the ability to work well with others as well as an individual
- Journeyman Welder
- Knowledge of welding processes
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Experience on operating a grinding machine, hard facing and fabrication are added advantage
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more