Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for Well Planner in Oklahoma City, OK. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes, a GE company offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Well plans for both direction and horizontal wells.
- Ability to verify and validate data for well design
- Offset well analysis
- Prepare anti-collision analysis using ellipses and tool errors model.
- Input, calculate and validate surveys on a daily basis.
- Generate a plan view and graphical presentation of the directional profile.
- Database Management
- Post well report as per regulatory requirement.
- Support field personnel when required.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree is required.
- Knowledge of directional and horizontal drilling, wellbore positioning basics
- Experience in engineering and well plans optimization
- Advanced PC skills
- Strong mathematical, problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Attention to details
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Mathematics is preferred
- Field experience is plus
- Experience with 3D drawing tools (AutoCad, GIS, etc.)
- Competence with well planning software (WellArchitect,Compass,etc)
- 3 years of experience in well planning to be considered
Oklahoma City, OK
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more