About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction... It is not about your career... it is not about your job title... it is about who you are.... It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters... do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles -people like you!
Role Summary: In this role, the Sr. Software Engineer will apply depth of expertise in software development and deployment to effectively build and protect GE's application portfolio. You will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform.
Essential Responsibilities: • Strong experience with Java, and specifically Spring Boot
• Function as software security leader and guide automation engineers in daily Sprint stand up, and provide leadership for all aspects of software lifecycle and product release
• Provide mentoring, and skill set knowledge transfer to team members
• Review and modify agile user stories and epics to ensure accurate delivery
• Partner with other IT & business teams to develop secure technical solutions
• Work with a team of architects and developers, operational leads and functional owners to plan and implement technical features
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, with shifting priorities; must be comfortable with change and actively driving improvements
• Understand how new technologies impact the current environment
• Champion the adoption of new technologies and drive the implementation into the GE environment
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with experience in IS, IT, or Computer Science)
• Strong experience writing object-oriented software, and designing and executing manual and automated software tests
• Strong facilitation skills, leading in-person and remote teams in co-creation sessions, creating wireframes, workflows and prototypes
• Working knowledge in configuration management and versioning tools such as CVS/SVN/ClearCase/Git/Perforce
• Lean/Six Sigma Certification an asset
• Experience with at least one relational database system
• Understanding of GitHub and Git pull requests
Desired Characteristics: • Proficiency in at least one programming language (Java, GOLANG, Node.JS, Python, or C/C++)
• Provides design, installation/development, & configuration of software solutions that effectively interact with GE’s security infrastructure
• Ability to simplify and communicate technical concepts & architecture to non-technical team members
• Experience with application logging integration, and products (Log4J, Logstash, Splunk)
• Knowledge of Federated security architecture, flows, and standards (SAML, OpenID_Connect, and JSON_Web-Token (JWT)
• Integration level knowledge of API Security Architecture, and technologies (OAuth2, Spring Security, HMAC, WS-Security, WS-Trust, or XACML)
• Hands on experience developing secure RESTful API’s
• Working knowledge of Cloud Provider security architecture design patterns (AWS, CloudFoundry, Azure).
• Proficiency in development frameworks (Spring Security, Spring Boot, or AngularJS)
• Working knowledge of OWASP Web/API vulnerabilities and compensating controls (CSRF, XSS, SQLI, etc.)
• Familiarity with encryption fundamentals: PKI, Encryption, Digital Signatures, & Key Management
• Expert knowledge of HTTP(s) protocol
• Knowledge of Risk Controls framework, and Audit procedures (27000/1/2, NIST 800-53/171, DFARS)
• Position requires an individual that is highly organized and self-motivated
• Proven ability and desire to learn and adapt to new products quickly and comprehensively
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.