Location(s): United States; Michigan, Virginia; Glen Allen, Van Buren Township
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Enterprise Application Engineer will be responsible for driving strategy around data aggregation platforms (e.g. Splunk) and designing, implementing, and supporting a big data pipeline in a cross functional team. He or She will be the expert in data streaming, storage, and analytics. This individual will be responsible for drafting an automation framework, technical roadmap, and operational service for the pipeline.
Essential Responsibilities: In this role, you will need to:
• Be responsible for delivering highly available services through entirely automated processes
• Craft the vision to integrate it across multiple systems.
• Understand upstream and downstream data considerations and ensure continuity of Digital Thread.
• Work independently and be seen as a technical leader.
• Be responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/service roadmap.
• Demonstrate track record of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation.
• Demonstrate expertise in design, architecture, delivery and optimization. • Lead impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design/architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Be the expert in providing oversight, mentoring team members and leading large delivery efforts.
• Be experienced in effectively delegating work.
• Have a deep understanding of the market and competing 3rd party product offerings.
• Demonstrate the ability of bench-marking against competition.
• Have expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
• Be the subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
• Be the expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
• Demonstrate expert level skills in design, architecture and delivery, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Demonstrate expert level skills in collaboration with different stakeholders, influences decisions, ability to take strategic view.
• Lead the efforts across the vendor product(s) suite and is an expert in enterprise solutions.
• Understand capability of 3rd party enterprise solutions in order to make sound decisions around configuring software vs engineering software.
• Understand business process to determine how to optimize both process and utilization of enterprise applications, and have the ability to influence key cross-functional stakeholders on appropriate course of action.
• Lead design of programmatic capabilities for all aspects of service operability.
• Be the expert in core data structures and interfaces for information exchange across platforms.
Qualifications/Requirements: • A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in Information Technology, specifically Enterprise Application Engineering
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Desired Characteristics: -Experience with moving and managing data streams leveraging FluentD, Kinesis, and Kofka
-Experience architecting and driving enterprise level big data and infrastructure strategies
-Experience migrating a large organization into a tiered data pipeline solution
-Experience working in automation and orchestration, specifically working with AWS services, terraform and ansible.
-Experience mentoring other engineers and collaborating in a large scale environment
-Experience managing a large scale Splunk deployment
-Experience with managing large numbers of servers in AWS and driving stability through automated monitoring, alerting, and actions.
-Strong communication skills, initiative, and desire to help customers transform and achieve success
-Willing to learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements
Locations: United States; Michigan, Virginia; Glen Allen, Van Buren Township
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.