About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to work in Deep Learning (DL) to assist and build deep learning algorithms using imaging and non-imaging data. This individual will work with customer clinical data scientists and interface with internal GE software and data science teams to deliver high quality software in a fast paced, challenging, and creative environment.
• Be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
• Contribute to technical teams (customer and GE) in development, deployment and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics and prescriptive analytics capabilities.
• Be a thought leader and guide clinical data science at key customer partnerships – data strategy, labeling techniques, annotation and curation methodologies.
• Be an expert in industry wide available best in class open source tool stacks and integrate work done at a customer site into GE environment
• Assist in building self-learning systems that can assist in medical diagnosis and move to predictive results based on multi parametric data sets (imaging, non-imaging like EMR and wave form).
• Work with the engineering team to incorporate your analyses and solutions, including working with the visualization team to create intuitive UI and rich UX stories. Partner with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics efforts.
• Provide guidance to data collection teams on test protocols including design of experiments, sample size, and statistical distributions. Design and implement scene labeling techniques for medical images. Design and implement image preprocessing and alignment algorithms. Hyper parameter optimization.
• Demonstrate algorithms meet accuracy requirements on general subject population through statistical analyses and error estimation.
• Write technical reports summarizing development, analysis, training, validation, and testing of the algorithms.
• Stay up-to-date in the field of machine learning and deep learning. Apply new technologies in development of product.
• Master’s Degree in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) plus 5 years analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial/industrial setting OR Ph.D. in a “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) plus 1 year analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial/industrial setting
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
• Must be willing to travel.
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA.
• Demonstrated skill in the use of one or more analytic software tools or languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python)
• Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
• Demonstrated expertise in modeling and in the development and application of descriptive, applied, and predictive analytics on industrial datasets
• Have completed graduate-level coursework in statistics
• Experimental design experience
• Technical proficiency in languages such as R, Python, C++, Java, etc.
• Experience with medical imaging analysis leveraging methodologies using GPUs
• Hands-on advanced proficiency in handling and analyzing large data sets such as medical imaging data
• Extensive experience with neural network libraries such as Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.
• Expertise in broader machine techniques
• Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills are required.
• Experience with big data technologies and HPC such as the Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase etc.
• Experienced with the information technology aspects of data collection, organization, and integration
• Knowledge in optimal computational environment required for data processing, data mining and machine
• Software applications development experience
• Experience working with biomedical non-imaging data
• Understands the competitive landscape, regulatory marketing, etc.
• Articulates clearly the main industry dynamics. Demonstrates awareness of important current trends (economic, political, environmental, regulatory, etc.) affecting the industry.
• Have participated in competitions (e.g., Kaggle)
• Experienced in writing peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts
• Uses teamwork skills to achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict. Understands individual differences.
• Systematically breaks problems into component parts. Identifies a successful solution and quantifies the associated risks/outcomes of the solution.
• Can ask appropriate questions needed to translate an abstract problem into a quantifiable analysis for identifying solutions. Seeks out processes and ideas that are out of the norm.
• Identifies when additional information is needed from customer/manager and ask cogent and relevant questions to obtain it.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.