Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes Drilling Services offers the opportunity as Field Specialist - Logging while Drilling to be part of the team in office in Bangkok, Thailand.
· Under broad direction provides direct instruction and supervision to junior Field Engineers on day-to-day wellsite work and activities.
· Provides advice and direction to external customer and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate.
· Provides resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the wellsite where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line's tool(s) and/or service(s).
· Work is evaluated upon completion by a Field Supervisor (where appropriate), local Operations Management and the external Customer to ensure objectives have been met.
· Acts as a project leader and mentors junior field engineers.
· Expected to maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism.
· Executes other related duties as assigned.
· Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
Qualification / requirements
· Two year Technical Degree preferred. Industry experience and productline training required.
· Develop and demonstrate proficiency in the skill profile required forthe delivery of Logging while Drilling services at the well site.
· Expected to work in challenging drilling and logging environments to provide complex solutions to the Customer.
· Successfully complete addition advanced technical training and assigned well site development Programs.
· Strong communication and inter-personal skills; excellent customer awareness.
· Ability to relate to well site personnel at all levels, be a strong team member, and demonstrate leadership capability.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more