Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): India; Bangalore
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: As a member of the Global Support Services team, the End User Support Engineer provides second tier technical support to internal and external customers via telephone and email, by answering questions and resolving issues related to the setup, product functionality and usage of GE's Asset Performance Management products.
Essential Responsibilities: 1. Gathers complete and accurate information on the nature, complexity, and urgency of customer issues and accurately records all information in customer contact software.
2. Takes ownership and resolves customers product issues via telephone, email, or in-person, meeting or exceeding stated Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeframes.
3. Regularly executes case management best practices through clear and timely documentation of customer contact, written or verbal, in the knowledge management system.
4. Clearly communicates technical responses to customers' ensuring the understanding of the steps needed to resolve issues reported to the technical support center.
5. Works closely with the management for issues that require escalation. This includes detailed review of previous troubleshooting steps, workflow process, error messaging and testing.
6. Research existing knowledge bases, issue ]tracking system, and product documentation for existing answers to known issues resulting in increased first contact closure rates.
7. Actively contributes to the knowledge database through the creation of articles when unknown issues are resolved.
8. Provides a positive customer experience for every customer contact.
9. Maintains an in-depth understanding of GE's products, support protocols, customer contact software and departmental procedures.
10. Consistently displays an enthusiastic, positive, and professional attitude in both words and actions.
Qualifications/Requirements: 1. Associate degree with emphasis in Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar field; Bachelors preferred.
2. 3-5 years of documented customer applications engineering support in a technical support environment.
3. Ability to work with clients and other groups within the company in resolving issues.
4. Must have the technical aptitude to learn new software product and customer handling techniques.
5. Applied knowledge of common service practices and customer handling techniques.
6. Familiar with PC hardware, software, operating systems, communications and data protocols. #DTR
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.