Business Segment: Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Location(s): Czech Republic; Prague
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
More about GE Aviation Czech on
Materials Lead Engineer leads materials engineering and technology projects related to design, manufacture, repair, test, certification and field support of aircraft engines; provides technical guidance to other team members; assures that all applicable design practices, technical specifications and certification requirements are met. The engineer will be a core member of the Materials Engineering team and will report to the Engineering Sub-Section Manager.
· Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements;
· Provide technical leadership to personnel/ cross functional teams supporting the assigned project;
· Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues/ problems;
· Selection of materials for aircraft engine components;
· Specification and verification of material requirements and inspection methods;
· Investigation of material failure, applying destructive and non-destructive methods;
· Materials testing program management, including preparation of test plans, results analysis and processing;
· Development and application of technologies for engine component repairs;
· Evaluation of material related manufacturing deviations and change proposals;
· Cooperation with suppliers in process development;
· Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews;
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
· Degree in Materials Engineering, Metallurgy, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related disciplines (or equivalent in knowledge/experience);
· Experience in aircraft engine materials & their manufacturing methods;
· Familiarity with material related EASA CS-E requirements is desired;
· Experience in international environment;
· Proficiency in English.
Within this job offer the roles of various career levels are available, including entry level and senior positions, depending on experience level of candidates.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, team player;
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.