Business Segment: Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Location(s): Czech Republic; Prague
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Find out more about GE Aviation Czech at
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
· Preliminary and detailed design of instrumentation components;
· Definition of parts, and assemblies, preparation of drawings and CAD models;
· Evaluation of manufacturing deviations;
· Preparation/evaluation and approval of design change proposals;
· Investigation and resolution of manufacturing issues related to instrumentation parts producibility;
· Creation of documentation for special instrumentation i.e. rakes;
· Determining instrumentation requirements and communicating them via interface control documents;
· Developing best practice documents and lessons learned;
· Participate in risk mitigation process;
· Support of service team in establishing root cause investigation of component field failures;
· Support for engine certification programs, including preparation of Certification Reports to demonstrate product compliance with EASA CS-E requirements;
· Ensure that products comply with environmental, health and safety standards;
· Collaboration with other R&D teams, manufacturing, testing, purchasing, and service departments;
· Preparation of technical presentations and reports, including certification reports;
· Communication and presentation of results to technical team.
Bachelor's/Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering , Mechanical Engineering, or related disciplines;
· Experience in CAD systems, preferred familiarity with ANSYS Workbench;
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.