About Us: GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
Headquartered in Baden, Switzerland, Steam Power Systems combines unmatched expertise with the broadest range of technologies to help customers deliver sustainable and reliable power around the world. We set the standard for efficient power generation from coal, oil, nuclear, and biomass by providing exceptional performance over the life of a power plant.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The Site Manager is responsible of Construction & Commissioning at the construction Site within a given project and is fully responsible of the following: - Maintain Site Organization, management and leadership of site staff and partners - Executing site portion of the project within the approved construction budget - Achieving all major Site milestones defined in the site schedule - Enforce EHS policy and EHS Plan at site and develop site safety Culture
Essential Responsibilities: 1. Complete knowledge of the project - Attaining complete knowledge of the Project Contract site execution plan, ECA, ICA time schedule, scope of supply/work, subcontract Strategy, budget and account structure, status of documentation, EHS plan, site staffing plan, applicable local regulations, restrictions etc.
2. Overall management and leadership of Site staff & External Partner - Establish site regulations and rules of site operation - Carry out both meritorious and disciplinary actions as prescribed by company regulations - Conduct daily and weekly meetings with Alstom staff and subcontractors and/or External Partner - Take necessary actions to maintain high site morale - Implement Lean Construction - Promote REX initiative - Make sure GE/Project tools are used at site
3. Executing the project within the site portion of the construction budget - Strategically execute the site Cost Control program - Strategically manage the site cost / resource drawdown
4. Achieving all major milestones within the site schedule - Strategically manage the site schedule, progress of works and cost
5. Maintaining and enhancing the professional image and reputation of Alstom at all times - By keeping the commitment towards the client and any third Party - By being respectful of the Local Regulation
6. Quality and EHS implementation - Set up and strategically execute the site QA/QC plan - Set up the site filing and document control system - Ensure SMF implementation at site - Strategically execute the Alstom EHS Policy and the site EHS Plan - Support any quality initiative at site as 8D, root cause analysis, continuous improvement - Make sure all Site People are trained to ALSTOM tools - Ensure ALSTOM process procedures are known by Site Team and maintain awarness - Ensure Site Team are trained, qualified according to local regulation
7. Reporting - Produce daily (if required), weekly and monthly comprehensive reports - Report in full transparency and in real time any major issue arising at Site
Qualifications/Requirements: - Higher education in Technical field, Business or Administration - High degree of cost awareness - Appropriate management experience in power plant construction and engineering - Appropriate experience and training in general leadership and technical management - Knowledge in Quality Assurance - EHS knowledge and experience - Leadership and social competence - Quick and thorough decision making - Negotiation and presentation - Open-minded / flexible for changes and new ideas - Delegating, setting priorities and acting directly towards the target, avoid “micro-management”
Desired Characteristics: - Open-minded / flexible for changes and new ideas - Motivating and well-aimed promotion of ideas and concepts - Exhibit “command presence” - Exhibit common sense, is respectful and loyal - Ability to make decisions/ sense of Urgency - Resilience - Motivating & inspiring
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.