Location(s): United States; Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island; New England
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Pre- and post-sales support for the full Single Use Technology portfolio. Responsible for creating and winning sales opportunities for their products/solutions/services, and/or in a list of named accounts individually or as part of a One GE Healthcare team. Act as the clinical/technical expert to establish and continuously develop the relationship with departmental and technical decision makers and work in conjunction with Account Executives to gain access to C-Suite decision makers.
• Support Account Managers and FAS’s for successful demonstrations, installations of ReadytoProcess products, Filtration products, Bioreactors and Mixers and consumables.
• Support Account Managers, FAS’s and RFB Sales Specialists on development and finalization of Xcellerex bids/quotes to meet customer requirements.
• Provide leadership on sales of Single Use Technology. This includes knowledge of customers’ plans & needs, GE products, applications, marketing & sales support collateral and competitors’ portfolios.
• Generate SUT system and consumable configurations, commercial quotes/offers and supporting technical presentations.
• Collaborate with GE Service, Applications and Modality teams.
• Lead or participate in collaborations with customers and internal colleagues to develop solutions for customers’ needs.
• Coordinate and deliver product training to local AM’s, Service and Modality teams.
• Produce well-written reports and provide feedback on customer satisfaction and needs.
• Monitor industry trends, competitive actions in order to provide expertise and advice to drive innovative product development.
• Communicate with Marketing, Sales and Application Leaders to align applications activities with sales needs and business objectives.
Quality Specific Responsibilities
• Knowledge and understanding of all Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare HIPPA Guidelines, NEMA Regulations, etc.) and operates within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int’l Law is broken
• Knowledge and understanding of all Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int’l Law is broken
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Chem Engineering degree preferred or BS in Science (Biochemistry, Chemistry) with significant experience in bioprocess development, pilot, tech transfer or manufacturing.
• Strong, working knowledge of Upstream and Filtration unit operations.
• Proven experience developing, specifying, or supporting manufacturing operations in the pharmaceutical industry or three to five years of bioprocess sales, field applications or technical support of bioprocessing consumables, hardware and software.
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of the BioPharm/Biotech Industry.
• Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region and globally to participate in trainings, meetings and key projects.
• To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased,privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Desired Characteristics: • Understanding of cGMP, validation and regulated environments for bioprocessing
• Strong presentation skills (public speaking and lecture experience desired)
• Demonstrated ability to understand and present complex material in understandable terms. Demonstrated communication skills both verbal and written with external customers, global counterparts and team members working in other functions.
• Solid problem solving skills - Ability to manage and resolve conflict, communicate issues and propose solutions to both internal team members and external customers.
• Proven professional business acumen (experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process).
• Self-motivated, willingness to take the initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and take actions to improve
• Team oriented with a customer satisfaction mindset.
• Ability to multi-task effectively and manage multiple priorities at one time.
• Willingness to be flexible/adapt to changing work environments.
• Experience with the GE UNICORN, Wonderware, Emerson DeltaV, or other control systems desirable.
Locations: United States; Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island; New England
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.