Location(s): United States; California, New York; Niskayuna, San Ramon
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Responsible for monetization of GE technologies and intellectual property (IP) globally via structures ranging from Licensing to new venture creation in partnership with GE Business units (GE BU), specifically Digital. This will include driving program origination from the units as well as optimizing returns for the units.
Essential Responsibilities: The role will leverage GE Venture Licensing (GEVL) team’s capabilities in evaluation, market & business models and commercial deal negotiation and execution. Emphasis will be on developing and executing go to market strategies for programs, deal & program/team structuring, negotiation and program management, taking into account business constraints including for example IP encumbrances, regulatory, compliance, labor, trade controls and product strategies; specifically domains including software relating to GE’s intellectual property in Internet-of-Things, energy, enterprise applications, financial technology, modeling, machine learning and healthcare IT. The role will bring direct financial & strategic value of novel and various business models to GE, leading in building a culture of integrity, while pushing business boundaries.
• Lead GE Business unit engagement on the following:
o Lead the origination and program build of technology & IP commercialization candidates
o Lead technology & IP evaluation for commercial opportunity. Support IP strategy for new commercialization models. Understand patents and related intellectual property, determine its value in a given program and business model
o Provide commercial support in new markets for technology transfer, joint development, and IP licensing programs
o Coordinate GE Ventures-Licensing funding activities for GE Business Unit-related programs
o Work closely across GE to coordinate interface between GEVL and GE Business Units, sharing best practice and business model sharing
• Develop & execute business plans, including IP/tech assessments, valuations, market/customer analysis, deal/agreement structuring, and negotiation/execution where appropriate.
• Work closely with GE Ventures Licensing team for business case creation & execution for new programs
o Perform market research, prepare financial projections and utilize the output to determine potential transaction partnership value
o Structure and negotiate IP/technology deals
o Manage and launch teams to execute programs
• Cultivate relationships with the GE Business Unit leaders and teams to become a trusted technology commercialization partner
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in engineering, natural science or a related field.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in commercializing technologies
Desired Characteristics: • Advanced degree in software, electrical engineering
• MBA in marketing or finance, or legal equivalent degree
• Demonstrated knowledge of building business cases for patent/technology driven programs, including market sizing, valuation and customer identification
• 10 years’ experience commercializing new technology, including 1-2 year negotiation experience
• Demonstrated experience leading evaluation of new technologies
• Demonstrated experience in intellectual property analysis and landscape assessment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience with IP technology transfer, licensing, sale and/or for joint development across multiple companies
• Able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: United States; California, New York; Niskayuna, San Ramon
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.