Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Senior Regulatory Chemist in Sugar Land, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, BHGE offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Oversee specific aspects of chemical regulatory compliance programs to ensure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as internal and external business requirements, while driving continuous improvement
- Provide interpretations and applications of government regulations and statutes
- Review chemistry of products and reactions
- Provide chemical structure assignments
- Prepare domestic and international registrations/notices of chemicals (e.g., PMNs, NOCs, NSNs, NOMIs, etc.), fuel additive registrations, Polymer Exemption reports, etc.
- Prepare Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) and Chemical Data Reporting Rule (CDR) reports
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry
- Ability to research, analyse, interpret and disseminate the impact of global chemical regulations
- Strong working knowledge of global chemical control laws and regulations (e.g., US, Canada, Australia, EU, etc.)
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to effectively interact with management and field operations personnel
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more