Business Segment: Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Location(s): Czech Republic; Praha
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The Team Leader demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Essential Responsibilities: · Provide leadership and technical direction to a small team for a specific program / project to meet specific objectives;
· Establish the technical requirements, objectives, timing, resources and funding required and assuring conformance to standards and specifications;
· Manage the program/project, provide technical guidance and mentoring as necessary;
· Execute plans to achieve goals, effectively communicating results to the customer and document the results;
· Facilitate communication of technical and business information, resource and personnel issues between organizations, with management and stakeholders and within work group;
· Define roles and responsibilities for assigned personnel and observe team management best practices;
· Conduct performance appraisals and participate in salary planning;
· Promote professional growth through timely performance feedback, coaching and counseling;
· As necessary, make decisions affecting airworthiness and environmental protection as per delegation in Design Organization Handbook.
Qualifications/Requirements: · Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science;
· Knowledge of turbomachinery mechanical design, manufacturing technologies and assembly procedures;
· Demonstrated record of experience in an engineering position leading small teams;
· Proficiency in English language.
Desired Characteristics: · Project management and team organization experience;
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
· Ability to influence others and create cohesive groups;
· Demonstrated team building and project management abilities.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.