About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability. We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the mega trends of natural gas, the growth of sub sea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management.
Role Summary: GE Oil & Gas Internships provide students with opportunities to work with experienced leaders in the following areas: Subsea Systems, Drilling & Surface, Turbomachinery, Downstream & Unconventionals, Measurement & Control, and Pipeline Solutions.
Essential Responsibilities: - Assist Service Managers at all stages of outage planning cycle, including validation of scopes and schedules, identification of resources & tooling
- Assist in development of Job Cost Estimates, cost tracking and reporting
- Support Service and Installation Managers in conducting risk assessments for each outage
- Help in implementing the above functions interface with key people and departments across GE organization and 3rd party contractors
- Assist in gathering and verifying data for outage performance metrics
Qualifications/Requirements: SPECIAL PROGRAM FOR CURRENT STUDENTS ONLY: more than 1 year from getting B.S. or M.S. in Engineering degree
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 4.0/5.0 or 7.0/10
- Ability to work from 25 to 40 hours per week in a dynamic, changing environment
- Team player – ability to create and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills – able to analyze a big amount of data
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.