Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Corporate Account Executive to join the Baker Hughes Upstream Chemicals – Business Development team in Calgary, AB. As a leader in the oilfield services industry; Baker Hughes, a GE company offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Under general direction, develop and maintain customer relationships with small and large accounts and complex products/services
- Write and submit bids, negotiate bids and provide timely accurate response to customer required proposals and/or bids
- Develop and maintain sales and account management strategies to increase sales and profits with assigned Major Accounts
- Align with the Upstream Chemicals Operations to identify and target sales opportunities
- Follow-up on all sales leads in a timely/effective manner and make necessary sales presentations to customers and management as requested
- Manage the sales functions from initial customer contact, preparing procedures, pricing, and technical support while job is ongoing
- Analyze the customer's needs and ensure customer satisfaction by recommending products/services that will contribute to customers' production
- Successfully communicate with internal departments to explain the needs of the customers and provide recommendations on how to fulfill the customer needs
- Establish pricing agreements, Terms and Conditions, or Master Service Agreement where needed
- Leads, facilitates and/or coordinates internal and external meetings, participates in contract and pricing negotiations, communicates capabilities of other BHI product lines to the customer
- Handle special projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years industry related experience in field sales
- Experience writing, negotiating and managing bids
- Motivated, self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Good selling skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Technical knowledge of company’s products and services and their application to the customer requirements
- Oil and Gas production processes (oil/water separation, boiler water treatment, upgrader/refinery) experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (ie. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more