Location(s): United States; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia; Southeast US
About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Cell Analysis Sales Specialist is responsible for selling GE Life Sciences products and solutions in their defined market. This role is responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory as well as maintaining customer relationships with the accounts in their established geographic territory. This role is primarily responsible for selling into both Academic and Industrial customers.
Essential Responsibilities: • Prospecting for new Academic and Pharmaceutical customers in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio, and qualifying new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales
• Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, planning customer meetings, and demonstrating equipment capabilities on assigned products in assigned territory
• Sales negotiation and deal closure at the customer, interfacing with all key buying influencers such as direct users of the product, but also possibly department heads or CXO level personnel
• Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge of GE and competitive products
• Achieve annual and quarterly achievement of multiple order and revenue targets through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting, by prioritizing selling time to generate sales volume, achieve account penetration and complete territory coverage
• Maintaining satisfactory after-sale relationships and development of long-term customer relationships coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs
• Develop account penetration strategies for key target and competitive accounts and communicating current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
• Providing leadership in market analysis and development/execution of strategies and action plans to drive product sales
Qualifications/Requirements: • At least one of the following core experiences: 2+ years of consultative sales experience including strategic selling and negotiation in a complex sales environment involving multiple decision makers/influencers, 3+ years GEHC experience in customer facing role(s), or 3+ years in progressively larger formal leadership roles working in a complex technical environment
• Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
• Must live and travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business needs, as well as to sales meetings and tradeshows
• To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
• Ability to communicate using local language
• Territory: Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma. Must live within the territory close to a major airport.
Desired Characteristics: • B.A. or B.S. Degree, advanced technical degree a plus
• Previous Life Sciences high-end capital equipment sales experience or Life Sciences
• Robust interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Proven customer acumen and relationship building skills in a Life Science environment
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process
• Strong written and verbal communication and clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages
• Solid process orientation, demonstrated resource management and allocation experience, and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledge of Academic and/or Pharmaceutical industry and marketplace trends
• Expertise in several of the following areas strongly preferred:
1. High Content Analyis
2.Widefield or Confocal Microscopy
2. Fluorescence imaging
3. Digital Image analysis
4. Statistical Analysis
Locations: United States; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia; Southeast US
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.