About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The Systems and Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for planning, execution, and troubleshooting of Asset Condition Monitoring Systems focused on meeting customer and business goals. This position is focused on systems and instrumentation service (both project and reactive based).
Essential Responsibilities: 1. Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
2. Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
3. Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
4. Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
5. Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
6. Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
7. Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
8. Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
9. Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
Systems & Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for:
10. Installation and/or maintenance of transducers, configuration of monitoring and protection system on customer assets and configuration of computer based products. The actual duties that the person becomes qualified to perform may be expanded in scope and nature based on the on-the-job experiences which are available.
11. Perform elements of technical project coordination.
12. Act to ensure customers satisfaction.
13. Help to train customers where necessary.
14. Identify Sales opportunities and communicate to Sales team.
15. Complete all administration tasks on time. Ensures timely completion of given field or office tasks and documentation for assignment.
Qualifications/Requirements: 1. 5 years university degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering Possess a valid driver's license and foreign passport. Proficiency in both English and Russian languages is required.
2. Understanding and experience of network design and integration.
3. Willingness to travel within CIS will be required. Depending on schedule assigned time can achieve up to 75% of working time.
4. Requires operation of: Handheld digital multimeter, function generator, power supply, oscilloscope, basic tools kit, computers and peripherals, as well as Windows Server Operating System and Microsoft Office software for word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail and internet access.
5. The person shall have strong communication and problem solving skills and be able to communicate freely in English and Russian in multinational environment.
Desired Characteristics: Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
This position may involve demanding physical requirements and work in offshore/onshore remote locations, where access to medical care is not consistent, and weather conditions extreme. The applicant may be required to undergo fit for duty medical exams.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.