Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company offers the opportunity as a Welder to join our Completions and Fishing division based in Mount Pearl, NL. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, BHGE offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- High School Diploma
- Apprentice Welder
- 3 -5 years of welding experience in a shop environment
- Good electrical/mechanical aptitude
- Ability to stand during majority of shift, occasionally lift/carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push/pull up to 10 pounds of force
- Ability to use hands and wrists repetitively while using hand tools
- Ability to work overtime hours as needed
- Ability to work an “on call” rotating weekend schedule as needed
- Excellent work ethic with the ability to work with minimal supervision and self-driven to complete task timely and accurately
- Ability to operate forklift and overhead crane in accordance to Baker Hughes, a GE company safety policy
- Excellent communication and interaction skills along with the ability to work well with others as well as an individual
- Journeyman Welder
- Knowledge of welding processes
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Experience on operating a grinding machine, hard facing and fabrication are added advantage
Mount Pearl, NL
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more